Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ultimate Reset: Reclaim (Week 1)

Real talk:  I was absolutely TERRIFIED to try out Beachbody's Ultimate Reset.  I kept putting it off, and putting it off, until I finally reached out to some fellow coaches asking for accountability.  Thankfully the BB community fosters fabulous coaches wanting to support and encourage one another, so I was graciously met with fellow coaches in a similar terrified boat.  All that to say, we all picked our start dates and went at it full force.

I am happy to report that I am absolutely OBSESSED with this program.  I'm only on Day 4, so we'll revisit this obsession often over the full 21 days, but for now I'm in love, and here's why:



1) There is soooooo much food.  On other cleanses and fasts I've tried, I have felt hungry . . . nay, hangry!  Not on the Reset, though!  I am eating huge (and I mean HUGE) meals 3 times a day, plus an afternoon snack.  The important thing to remember is that the food is filled with nutrients that your body uses efficiently, unlike fried or processed food that removes most of the nutrients before you get a chance to consume it.  I'm sure you know that when you consume these nutrient dense foods, your body becomes more energy efficient.  Others have reported some fatigue, but I have ironically been experiencing an influx in energy levels and sustained endurance so far.  I did make sure to wean myself off of caffein the week prior to the Reset, so I'm sure that was hugely beneficial in acclimating my body to this program.  


2) The food is delicious.  Any other picky eaters out there?  I've never been known for my adventurous palate, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.  That being said, I made a commitment to try the recipes detailed in the program.  I usually avoid things like oatmeal and fish, so I was not exactly ecstatic to see those options on the first couple of days.  But I put my big girl pants on and gave them a shot, and you'll never guess what happened (well you read the heading on this paragraph, so you might be able to guess) they were incredible!    So far, everything on the meal plan has been incredible.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll stumble across at least a recipe or two that isn't to my liking, but for the picky eater that I am, I was expecting to be miserable with the food choices.  This was definitely a pleasant surprise (have I mentioned my proclivity to hangry outbursts?)

3) The supplements are bearable.  You can hardly notice a taste for most of the supplements in Week 1, and there aren't any uncontrollable bathroom experiences (you know what I mean).  Notice that I said "most" in that first sentence?  Well, here's the catch . . . every afternoon there is an Alkalinize supplement that you add to just 2-4 ounces of water.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I definitely did not expect it to be green and earthy (pretty sure I was expecting something salty).  So, my first attempt at knocking it back was pretty rough.  However, it has become easier to consume with each passing day, so I'm hoping by the end I'll barely notice along with the rest of them.  

The pictures above are just a snippet of breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Week 1.  The first week is fittingly called "Reclaim" as I definitely feel a renewed sense of ownership over my body and my choices.  

If you want to "Reclaim" your body from toxins and cravings and are thinking about trying the Ultimate Reset, shoot me a message or leave a comment.  I'd love to answer any questions you have or give more details about my own personal experience. 




For more info on fitness and health, check out one of our favorite blogs:  jebbicasworld.com

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Your food pics look delish. Is this the Shakeology thing? I tried a sample of the chocolate, and it was so, so gross to me. Can't do it! Glad you are doing well with it, though! Thanks for sharing on Food & Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shakeology and Ultimate Reset are both Beachbody Products, yes. :) I personally prefer the vegan chocolate over the regular chocolate, but depending on when you had your sample, you might have tasted the previous Shakeo formula. I don't know what it was like before, but it is quite delicious now (especially the vegan one). :) Let me know if you're interested in giving it a second chance! :-D

      Delete
  2. I will started tomorrow and I am really nervous. What about the flavor of the green drink?

    ReplyDelete